Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Recovering from Incon

I really enjoy going to conventions - I do not enjoy the recovery period. Still kind of tired and just blah. One more good night's sleep and I should be back on track.

One story from the convention for now:

Me and an evil minion entered a convince store. Took several less then healthful food items to the counter. Evil Minion asks clerk if they accept Thai Rubles or some such thing. Clerk is not impressed, says no. Evil minion swipes card. I, holding a twenty, look concerned and say, "Oh No, all I have is Federal Reserve Notes, do you accept those?"

"No, we do not because I do not know what they are!"

(I wave the twenty)

"Oh, yeah, we take Those!


Best line in a RPG in a long time:

A squad is assaulting an Axis held farmhouse in Normandy. They have taken fire from a MG-42. The MG 42 crew has been killed, and no allied causalities so far. One of the dogfaces makes a dash for a tree. A German fires his MP38 at the heroic American, and hits him in the leg. He goes down.

Several seconds later, the Sgt has advanced to a point where he can see what is happening, and they are taking sporadic fire from several positions. The Sgt yells at the BAR Loader to get to the wounded man and make sure he is ok.

The reply is "I don't want to go over there, he just got Shot!"

The Sgt makes several sailors blush with his response.

1 comment:

Illuminati Rob said...

Hahahahaha.........yes, the evil minion has a definate comic sense of harrassment about him....excellent. I also greatly enjoy the refreshing of the soldier and squad leaders response to the "situation". lol