Friday, October 29, 2004

On life in the Great Northwest

Ok, not really, but I thought that with a snazzy title you might be more apt to read this. I had a conversation with a friend in which he described an OSS project programmer that quit being ‘coaxed‘ back into the fold.

According to dictionary.com coxed means

1. To persuade or try to persuade by pleading or flattery; cajole.
2. To obtain by persistent persuasion: coaxed the secret out of the child.
3. Obsolete. To caress; fondle.

Now – what happens if you cannot spell dictionary? I often end up at dictonary.com instead of dictionary.com. This frustrates me. I mean, if I owned dictonary.com I would at least have a dictionary type search set up. I don’t think that I would have accurate results, but heck, it sure would be fun!

Anyways, where was I?

Coaxing. I think that more could be obtained in this life through application of this method then most of the other persuasion techniques that are practiced. For example, I would like a political candidate to coax me to vote for them, rather then beating me over the head with a stick with what they feel their opponent has done wrong in their life.

-Tsyko

1 comment:

Illuminati Rob said...

Deep............real deep.