Friday, January 28, 2005

Movies that Matter!

Slashdot: News for nerds, stuff that matters: "Doctor Monkey writes 'Initial reviews are up at Ain't It Cool News from a 'work-in-progress' screening of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy in Pasadena, CA. Reaction seems mixed-to-positive, mostly due to some uneven performances. But it looks like the film is not a complete bastardization of Adams' work.'"

Woot.

This was a long time coming, and I have high hopes. Now all we need to do is resurrect Blakes 7, Dr. Who, and get the Red Dwarf movie off the ground..

Here's hoping for more great SciFi!

3 comments:

Dave Justus said...

As a mostly recovered HHGTH extreme fanatic (I can in fact still quote Vogon poetry) I have grave concerns about this movie.

I would say that if it doesn't totally suck when I see it I will be pleasantly surprised. On the positive side, having such low expectations probably gives me a better chance of at least enjoying the expirience.

Jesster said...

I am so hungry for sci-fi of any kind that I will watch whatever they put up on a screen. It's sad, really. Pity me!

Unknown said...

I totally agree with Jesster. Any port in a storm.

But, a Red Dwarf revival would absolutely make me a giddy.

*drools*