Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Kids tear into retro-gaming

In this article, 1Up let some kids play some retro games from yester-decade.

"The first action role-playing game, Adventure sent its dot-size hero--armed with an arrow-shaped sword--into dungeons inhabited by dragons that even the game's creator admits look like water fowl.

Bobby: A duck ate me.

EGM: A what ate you?

Parker: A pink duck.

EGM: What do you think this character's name is?

Parker: Dot. Or Adventure? That's what this game is, isn't it? Go up, go up, go up.

Bobby: Stupid duck. I hate the duck. The duck is evil."


I recall playing this game.

Wow.

Feeling old

right

about

now.

-Tsyko

2 comments:

Illuminati Rob said...

Yeah, lol, that is funny. I use to play the hell out of that game when I was a kid too. Coincidentally enough, when I was up at my family's for X-Mas one of my uncle's had purchased a self-contained video box with the original controller as the box that had several games to include "Adventure". That was just fun playing that again after so many years.

Unknown said...

I bought one of those Atari joysticks with the built-in games, and spent a good...oh, 5 minutes playing Adventure. What's terrifying is that I still knew exactly how to navigate the stupid blue maze.

Oh, and I defeated the ducks with the arrow, even while pushing the bridge along. Go 33-year-old me!