Saturday, November 27, 2004

So long to a good friend

Getaway Games will be closing doors here in a few days. This is a sad day for me. I have a lot of fond memories at that store. Heck, I met my wife (Shela) there. And she is not even a gamer! The Car Wars 5th Ed campaign that I ran there was loads of fun, as was the first SFB (Y1, Early Years) campaign. I have made lots of friends that will hopefully follow me into the waning years of my life, and I have had just way to much fun.

However, the good part is that they are merging with another game store in town, Merlyns. Merlyns has been around in various different guises for decades. It seems to be the dominate force in the gaming community around here. All politics aside, they must be doing something right.

So, Getaway Games is Dead, Long Live Getaway Games!

2 comments:

wave_man said...

Hey Tsyk,
I am a fellow Spokanite who shares an interest in gaming and obscure samurai films among other things. I never made it by Getaway Games. Haven't really gamed much in years, but I used to be quite the RPG'er, particularly GURPS. Anyhow, small world.

JF

tsykoduk said...

Cool! Nice to see someone else out there like me (or is it slightly scary??)

If you are intrested, I will be starting a Gurps:Traveller game in the new year at Merlyns.. News will be at www.nwgamers.org