Wednesday, November 17, 2004

News, news news

Ok, so I no longer have a camera phone. I just switched carriers and went for the uber-cool tinyphone. It has no camera, but it's almost too small. So, I have to start to whip out the ol' digital camera and thumbnail the pics to post here. I am sure that ya'll would just hate me if I threw 5 mega pixel pictures up here and watched your little phone lines implode.

Cediant web hosting is really starting to annoy me. A week and a half ago, I called in and asked them to move one of my domains from my old hosting services to my new hosting service. Click through that link to get a good deal on web hosting (and me a kickback - the kickback will 100% go to running my not-for-profit site, NWGamers). Anyways, the long and short of it is that's still showing up in the control panel and their Databases as moved, but the DNS servers are not updating. They have no idea why. They have no idea when it will get fixed. Being smarter then the average bear, I have several domain names staked out for my site, and just am using one of the secondary ones to point to it for the time being. But it is very frustrating none the less. What really rankles my hide is that I have been with the company for about 5 years. And, now it is time to move on to a new service that will take care of it's clients a little better.

Customer service really does matter. Especially in the new economy

-Tsyko

No comments: