Friday, October 15, 2004

Some ruminating about why I started this blog.

Over the years, I have been less then perfect about keeping up with people. I am very now oriented, and seem to have a hard time remembering to keep in touch with friends and family from long ago or far away.

I have never liked this about my self, and have often wished that I could do something about it. I have tried several times, setting up mailing lists and other thing-a-ma-jiggers, however for whatever reason, they never flew.

So, here is my spot in cyberspace. Ya’ll can drop on by and check up on me when ever you want. Please feel free to comment on things that I say. I crave feedback.

On April 17th, 2004 I married Shela. I made a slide show of some of the digital pictures from before, during and after the wedding. You can view it here!. Some of the family has already seen it, but here it is in all of its glory for all of you.

Quite honestly, Shela and I met during the end of a very dark time in my life. I had just ended a 10-year relationship and marriage on less then friendly terms, and was also reeling from a very hard breakup with some one that was very close to me. She was not ready for a committed relationship, but then again neither was I. I really hope that all of my ex’s can find real, deep happiness. That is all that I have really ever wanted for them and me. I think that I have gotten there now and I hope that their journeys there are as swift as possible.

Shela was like a ray of sunlight at the end of a long tunnel. When I met her, my whole life was starting on an upswing, and she helped me out so much. Her bubbly personality was, and is, just what I need. She also is just as stubborn as I am. We butt heads every once in a while, but that is just part of life. We are both strong personalities, and quite honestly, I would not have it any other way.

Just about 11 weeks ago, Shela and I made a little Shela and Dukk. Now, a lot of you know me from my “No Kids, Never No How’ phase. Gladly (since one is on the way) I am actually looking forward to this. I think that it is going to be a rewarding experience.

The pregnancy has been hard on Shela so far – she was on an IV at home for about 3 weeks. Happily, she is back at work now, and glad to be off the couch!

-Tsyko

2 comments:

Mystic Knight said...

Ah, carpet munchers.

Your world will never be the same again. A good woman and little ones under foot. Can it get any better then that?

It's always nice to know that happiness can still be found in the world.

Good Luck to you and Sheila Duk!

tsykoduk said...

Well.. One little on right now. Let's just keep it simple at first :)