Monday, October 18, 2004

A Good Cause

My brother, Nelson, is ‘Riding for Aids’. This explains what this is all about:

Last June I participated in the AIDS LifeCycle 3 as a volunteer. Over 1200 riders pedaled the 585 mile route from San Francisco to Los Angeles, raising $4.9 million dollars. I am registered as a rider for AIDS LifeCycle 4, and am committed to raising $2500 to participate in the ride. This money goes directly to the San Francisco AIDS Foundation to support people living with HIV and AIDS in the Bay Area. This foundation provides counseling, free or reduced-cost medications to individuals, public policy and advocacy, and much more.

You can find out more information about the AIDS LifeCycle and affiliated organizations on my fundraising website:

http://www.sonic.net/~olofin

The site has answers to common questions, a training log, photos, and information on how to sponsor me in my ride to end AIDS.

Donations of any size are greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your support,

-Nelson
-“

Lil Bro is on his way to his goal – let’s all pitch in a few dollars and see if we can hit the mark!

1 comment:

tsykoduk said...

I just got done helping him out. His partner is at over $400, and he is only at $260. I would like to see if we can push him over the $2500 goal before his partner makes it!